We no longer are selling Soft-Ride Boots. The "Order" link below will take you to the Soft-Ride website where
you can check current prices and order them.
When walking or even standing is painful for a horse…give it a ride. A Soft-Ride!
Simplify treatment and provide comfort to lame horses, as used by leading veterinary hospitals and rehabilitation centers.
The Soft-Ride Equine Comfort Boot is the horse health industry’s premier system for hoof care needs of all breeds, sizes, and ages of horses. Constructed of high-performance synthetic materials and made in nine generous sizes, the boot slips on and off easily, and stays snug with sturdy Velcro™ straps. The tough outer shell gives the horse a “rocker” base of support while a removable, washable orthotic insert cushions and supports the bottom of the hoof.
Back to Top
Soft-Ride Boots provide support, protection, and comfort for horses with needs such as:
- Discomfort caused by chronic lameness, especially painful laminitis
- Rehabilitation from injury, surgery, or disease
- Medication or frequent imaging needed for the hoof
- Reduction of tension on strained tendons and ligaments
- Safety concerns during breeding and foaling seasons
- Pre- and post-workout support and comfort
- Transport protection
Back to Top
Soft but Tough: Comfort and durability provided by high-performance synthetic materials
- Contoured, shock-absorbing sole for traction and non-slip, effortless walking
- “Rocker” bottom’s rolled toe eases breakover stress on flexor tendons and ligaments
- Unique design slips on easily
- Secures with heavy-duty Velcro™ ankle straps
- Can be worn with or without shoes
- Durable and washable
- Available in 9 sizes to fit almost every horse
- Anatomically correct, cushioned orthotic insert provided with every boot
- Replacement and specialty inserts available in 5 softness levels plus a dual-density insert
- Standard boots include standard orthotic insert (blue) for each boot and ankle straps tagged with Soft-Ride logo to differentiate left & right foot
Back to Top
- Protect, support, and stabilize the foot in chronic laminitis or hoof injury
- Provide easy-to-remove bandage and dressing coverage for pre- and post-surgical care
- Cushion sore hooves recovering from chronic lameness
- Use as a soaking boot with disposable liner to treat hoof abscesses, puncture wounds, white line disease and thrush
- Support injured foot without a shoe until a farrier can provide longer-term support
- Keep foot wounds or surgery drains protected, clean, and free of ammonia, shavings, or horse’s attempt to remove bandages
- Reduce transfer of stress vibration during travel
- Use as a “hauling slipper” with leg wraps or shipping boots
- Provide traction on loading ramps with a non-slip sole
Training and Performance Uses
- Comfort stinging soles after a hard workout
- Create temporary support for horses with possible tendon or ligament strain
- Protect a hoof when the horse is unshod, or has thrown a shoe
Breeding and Foaling
- Use as a “kicking boot” to protect stallions
- Avoid injuries to foals by using as a “house slipper” for mares about to foal, or with newborn foals
Hoof Health: The Hoof in Action
The horse’s hoof is a marvel of anatomical engineering. Designed to carry horses swiftly and efficiently over long distances at speeds sufficient to escape predators, a horse's hoof is also one of its most vulnerable body parts.
A healthy hoof can easily support a horse, even though hundreds of pounds of force press on each square inch of hoof tissue with every step. But when the hoof is injured or diseased, the horse must compensate its posture, weightbearing, and even head and neck position to attempt to relieve pressure on painful areas. More weight is put on the “good” hooves, as the horse tries to compensate for pain.
Supporting injured or diseased hooves with special horseshoes has always been the first line of treatment to correct injury or disease. However, as a horse’s condition progresses, or as the hoof grows, shoes cannot adapt with the changing hoof. For some conditions, horseshoes may need to be removed frequently for treatment, radiography, or MRI images.
Soft-Ride boots are a solution for simple management of foot lameness problems in horses. The gel orthotic “cushion” molds to the bottom of the hoof, providing firm contact with the frog and dissipating harmful vibrations. Use a standard hoof knife or rotary tool to contour the orthotic to ensure a good fit and maximum comfort for the horse.
Back to Top
Soft-Ride Equine Comfort Boots™
Standard Density inserts included.
Sugg. Retail Price
Sizes 4–9 $ 175.00*
Sizes 1–3 $ 200.00*
Soft-Ride Replacement Inserts
Standard Density (S): $ 80.00
Specialty Densities: $ 110.00
*Boots with Custom Logo Tags available at no additional charge!
• Minimum initial order: 20 pairs; can be assorted sizes
• Customer to supply high-quality jpeg or pdf of logo
Boots and inserts: Packed 1 pair per carton.
No minimum order on regular boots and all inserts.
Back to Top
SIZES & STYLE NUMBERS
Downloadable Sizing Templates: Print out these templates and measure your horse's hoof against an actual printed page for a better fit! Use the chart at the bottom of the page to estimate the best size, print out the templates, and measure until you get the best fit.
Size 1 Template
Size 2 Template
Size 3 Template
Size 4 Template
Size 5 Template
Size 6 Template
Size 7 Template
Size 8 Template
Size 9 Template
Back to Articles